Monday, October 1, 2012

2012 miles done, 555 still to go



I blame my cousin, Jean Philip. As well as being faster than me at the Paris marathon in April – his first – he asked me if the 2012 miles I was planning on running in 2012 was just in events. In a sudden rush of blood to the head (this was in Paris, after all) I said yes. If I’d answered no, I’d have hit my target on Sunday, on the penultimate mile of the Ealing half marathon, the day after my birthday and with three months to spare. As it is, I still have 555 miles worth of events to go.

At the moment, these comprise four ultras, nine marathons, one 25-miler, two half marathons, three 10-milers, one 10k, one 6k (dressed as Santa Claus) and 12 5ks. That still leaves me almost a marathon short of the full distance despite taking up every weekend (both days) and a fair sprinkling of weekdays besides between now and 2013. 

And if that isn’t worth a couple of quid in my charity collecting tin, I don’t know what is.



Many thanks to everyone who has donated already.

1 comment: